A TWO BEDROOM cottage style property in a development for those aged 55 plus, situated in this DELIGHTFUL VILLAGE on the outskirts of Horsham. Entrance hall, downstairs CLOAKROOM, kitchen with built-in appliances, dual aspect living room with direct access to a private enclosed patio. Master bedroom with en suite, second bedroom and main bathroom. Double glazing and all electric heating. Resident Scheme Manager.
Courtney Green are delighted to offer for sale this attractive two-bedroom residence, specifically designed for the over 55's and situated in this pleasant West Sussex village, approximately three miles to the north of Horsham. The property briefly comprises an entrance hall, fitted kitchen with built-in appliances and a dual aspect living room with direct access to a private enclosed patio area. This particular property also features a downstairs W.C. Upstairs there is a master bedroom with en-suite shower room, second bedroom and main bathroom. The windows are double glazed and heating is provided by electric night storage heaters and convector heaters. This well looked after development has a residential Scheme Manager on site. Viewings are strongly recommended with the vendor's sole agents, Courtney Green.
Warnham village offers a selection of shops including a convenience store, well patronised butchers, church, seniors club, W.I., flower club, two popular public houses and main line station. Horsham town centre, with its comprehensive range of facilities including mainline railway station, shops, restaurants, public houses, sports centre and cinema, is approximately 3 miles distant and there is a regular Metro bus service (No.93) from the village.
STANFORD ORCHARD RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
The Residents Association comprises a small committee of five volunteer residents with a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer who meet every two months, and have an Annual General Meeting in April each year. The general purpose of this committee is to promote activities for the residents of Stanford Orchard and to interconnect with RLHA, the Head Leaseholder. Membership is not compulsory but historically most residents do join to take advantage of the many activities available. The committee arrange regular community activities (as listed below), which are generally well attended and greatly enjoyed. There is no obligation to attend but these activities do create a healthy community spirit and ensure that no resident need feel lonely.
STANFORD ORCHARD ACTIVITIES
- Monthly coffee mornings are held, on the lawn when the weather is suitable, and in the adjacent Village Hall during the winter months.
- Social evening gatherings with snacks provided are held in the Village Hall every two months.
- A special SORA Christmas Social Evening is held in the Village Hall each year.
- There is a residents Pool Club which meets in the evening at the Warnham Club every second Wednesday of the month.
- There is a residents Boule Club which meets at the Sussex Oak pub every second Wednesday of the month.
- Wine evenings are a regular feature.
- A new activity, greatly enjoyed, is an afternoon BBQ held in front of the flats main entrance.
- There is a SORA walking group offering short local walks, but also enabling participants to join the Horsham District Council Health and Leisure walks around the nearby countryside.
- An annual SORA Traditional Christmas Lunch is held at the Broadbridge Heath Bowling Club Restaurant with catering by the chef of ‘Passionate about Food’.
- St. Margaret’s Church Choir visit the estate for a Christmas Carol evening with mulled wine and mince pies provided.
- Many informal group activities arranged by residents, such as book clubs, ladies get-togethers, etc.
OTHER ATTRACTIONS OF LIVING IN WARNHAM
- There is a well-stocked convenience store, a hairdressers, and a first class butchers shop in the main street.
- There is a popular Gym on the main street which, amongst other activities, offers Pilates and exercise sessions for seniors.
- There is a reliable bus service (10 minutes journey) to Horsham every hour giving access to Sainsburys , Waitrose and the usual high street shopping. There is also a bus from Warnham to Dorking every hour during the day.
- The village is generally a quiet and safe environment, with a relatively low crime rate.
- St. Margaret’s Church is active and friendly and promotes many village activities for the Warnham community as a whole.
- The village is blessed with a myriad of walking paths in the lovely countryside surrounding Warnham. The air is fresh and unpolluted.
- There are two well patronised pubs in the village offering meals and drink.
- Apart from the lovely village green there is a cricket ground across the road from Stanford Orchard with games played most Saturdays during the season.
- The 100-year-old Warnham Club (formerly the Comrades Club), adjacent to Stanford Orchard, is available for membership at a very small cost offering fellowship, pub facilities and a number of table games.
The accommodation with approximate room sizes comprises:
Front door to
Night storage heater, coved ceiling, cupboard with electric meters and fuse box, stairs with stairlift to first floor. Door to
Kitchen 8'6 (2.59m) x 7'11 (2.41m)
Double glazed front aspect, fitted with a range of base and wall mounted cupboards and drawers with complementing worktop surfaces incorporating a 11/2 bowl white sink with chrome monobloc tap, four plate electric hob, double oven, filterhood, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for fridge/freezer, part tiled walls, pelmet lighting, vinyl flooring.
Low level W.C with a concealed cistern, vanity shelf, wash hand basin with chrome taps, extractor fan.
Living Room 15' (4.72m) x 13'4 (4.05m)
Twin double glazed rear aspect and French doors to the patio garden, ornate fire surround with marble effect hearth and inlay and Dimplex electric fire, telephone point, t.v. aerial point, night storage heater, under stairs cupboard, coved ceiling.
From the Entrance Hall the staircase rises to the
First Floor Landing
With night storage heater, loft hatch, large airing cupboard and doors to
Master Bedroom 12'8 (3.86m) x 8'8 (2.64m)
Double glazed rear aspect, night storage heater, coved and textured ceiling, double width wardrobe cupboards, telephone point.
Frosted double glazed rear aspect, pedestal wash hand basin with chrome mixer tap, W.C with a concealed cistern, vanity shelf over, mirror and shaver point, enclosed shower cubicle with thermostatic shower control, wall bracket and hand shower, night storage heater, vinyl flooring.
Bedroom 2 10'1 (3.07m) x 8'1 (2.46m)
Double glazed front aspect, electric heater, wardrobe cupboard, phone point and T.V point.
Frosted double glazed rear aspect. Fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin with chromium mixer tap, low level w.c. with concealed cistern, vanity shelf over, chromium towel radiator, Dimplex wall mounted heater, part tiled walls, mirror and shaver/light.
To the rear of the property is a private enclosed patio garden with a side access gate.
Leasehold - The incoming purchaser will be granted a new 99 years lease.
Maintenance Charge - £281.24 pcm 1st Dec 2019 to 30th Nov 2020.
Ground Rent - £70.00 per annum.
1. Each flat is equipped with an emergency call system which alerts any emergencies to the Warden whilst on duty or reverts to a call centre outside of hours.
2. We strongly advise any intending purchaser to verify the above with their legal representative prior to committing to a purchase. The above information has been supplied to us by our clients in good faith, but we have not had sight of any formal documentation relating to the above.
Referral Fees: Courtney Green routinely refer prospective purchasers to Nepcote Financial Ltd who may offer to arrange insurance and/or mortgages. Courtney Green may be entitled to receive 20% of any commission received by Nepcote Financial Ltd.
NOTE: These particulars are intended only as a guide to prospective Buyers/Tenants to enable them to decide whether to make further enquiries with a view to taking up negotiations but they are otherwise not intended to be relied upon in any way for any purpose whatsoever and accordingly neither their accuracy nor the continued availability of the property is in any way guaranteed and they are furnished on the express understanding that neither the Agents nor the Vendors are to be or become under any liability or claim in respect of their contents. Any prospective Buyer/Tenant must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of the particulars contained.