Courtney Green are delighted to offer for sale this first floor luxury apartment, SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR THE OVER 60'S and situated in this pleasant unspoilt Sussex village, about three miles to the north of Horsham. Warnham has its own shops including butchers and convenience store, together with two village inns. The property features generous room sizes throughout and enjoys appealing sloping ceilings in many of the room which give an interesting and character feel. The accommodation briefly comprises; entrance hall, kitchen, master bedroom with ensuite shower room, main bathroom suite and second double bedroom. All windows are sealed unit double glazed and the heating is all electric, most operating on an off peak tariff. Viewings are strongly recommended with the vendors sole agents Courtney Green. SITUATION:
Warnham village offers a selection of shops including a convenience store, well patronised butchers, church and two popular public houses. Warnham station is within a short drive and provides a service to London via the Dorking line. There is easy vehicular access to the A24 and A264 subsequently leading to the M23 and motorway network. Horsham town centre, with its comprehensive range of facilities including mainline railway station, shops, restaurants, public houses, sports centre and cinema, is approximately 3 miles distant.
STANFORD ORCHARD RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
The Residents Association comprises a small committee of five volunteer residents with a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer who meet every two months, and have an Annual General Meeting in April each year. The general purpose of this committee is to promote activities for the residents of Stanford Orchard and to interconnect with RLHA, the Head Leaseholder. Membership is not compulsory but historically most residents do join to take advantage of the many activities available. The committee arrange regular community activities (as listed below), which are generally well attended and greatly enjoyed. There is no obligation to attend but these activities do create a healthy community spirit and ensure that no resident need feel lonely.
STANFORD ORCHARD ACTIVITIES
- Monthly coffee mornings are held, on the lawn when the weather is suitable, and in the adjacent Village Hall during the winter months.
- Social evening gatherings with snacks provided are held in the Village Hall every two months.
- A special SORA Christmas Social Evening is held in the Village Hall each year.
- There is a residents Pool Club which meets in the evening at the Warnham Club every second Wednesday of the month.
- There is a residents Boule Club which meets at the Sussex Oak pub every second Wednesday of the month.
- Wine evenings are a regular feature.
- A new activity, greatly enjoyed, is an afternoon BBQ held in front of the flats main entrance.
- There is a SORA walking group offering short local walks, but also enabling participants to join the Horsham District Council Health and Leisure walks around the nearby countryside.
- An annual SORA Traditional Christmas Lunch is held at the Broadbridge Heath Bowling Club Restaurant with catering by the chef of ‘Passionate about Food’.
- St. Margaret’s Church Choir visit the estate for a Christmas Carol evening with mulled wine and mince pies provided.
- Many informal group activities arranged by residents, such as book clubs, ladies get-togethers, etc.
OTHER ATTRACTIONS OF LIVING IN WARNHAM
- There is a well-stocked convenience store, a hairdressers, and a first class butchers shop in the main street.
- There is a popular Gym on the main street which, amongst other activities, offers Pilates and exercise sessions for seniors.
- There is a reliable bus service (10 minutes journey) to Horsham every hour giving access to Sainsburys , Waitrose and the usual high street shopping. There is also a bus from Warnham to Dorking every hour during the day.
- The village is generally a quiet and safe environment, with a relatively low crime rate.
- St. Margaret’s Church is active and friendly and promotes many village activities for the Warnham community as a whole.
- The village is blessed with a myriad of walking paths in the lovely countryside surrounding Warnham. The air is fresh and unpolluted.
- There are two well patronised pubs in the village offering meals and drink.
- Apart from the lovely village green there is a cricket ground across the road from Stanford Orchard with games played most Saturdays during the season.
- The 100-year-old Warnham Club (formerly the Comrades Club), adjacent to Stanford Orchard, is available for membership at a very small cost offering fellowship, pub facilities and a number of table games.
The accommodation with approximate room sizes comprises:
Main entrance door to Secure Entrance Lobby
With entry-phone system and letterboxes. Security entrance door to Communal Entrance Hall
With staircase and lift to all floors. First Floor Landing
With private front door to Entrance Hall
Night storage heater, coved and textured ceiling, cloaks cupboard and airing cupboard. Living Room 17’9 x 13’6 increasing to 17’5
Double glazed double aspect to the side and rear, ornate fire surround with marble hearth and inlay, two night storage haters, satellite point. Kitchen 13’4 x 7’10
Double glazed side aspect, fitted with a modern kitchen comprising base and wall mounted cupboards and drawers with complementing worktop surfaces incorporating a 1½ bowl white sink with chromium monobloc tap, electric hob with filter over, eye level double oven, integrated slimline dishwasher, Hotpoint washing machine, space for fridge/freezer, tiled splashback, vinyl flooring. Master Bedroom 13’5 x 11’5
With double glazed side aspect, built-in wardrobe cupboard, night storage heater, telephone point. En suite Shower Room
With over-size corner shower cubicle having thermostatic shower control, wall bracket and hand shower, pedestal wash hand basin, vanity shelf with back to the wall w.c., shaver point, Greenwood Airvac extractor fan, illuminated mirror, Dimplex wall mounted heater. Bedroom 2/Dining Room 13’5 x 9’11
Double glazed side aspect, Dimplex wall mounted convector heater, Bathroom
Fitted with a panelled enclosed bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin with chromium mixer tap, back to the wall w.c., vanity shelf, mirror and shaver point/light, Greenwood Airvac extractor fan. OUTSIDE Communal Grounds
Surrounding the building are various well-tended communal gardens. Parking
There is a residents' and visitors' car park, non allocated, to the front of the property. TENURE Leasehold -
The incoming purchaser will be granted a new 99 years Lease. Maintenance Charge -
£289.72 per month for the year 1st Dec 20, 2020 to 30th Nov 2021. Ground Rent -
£50 per annum. Agent's Notes:
1. Each flat is equipped with an emergency call system which alerts any emergencies to the House Manager whilst on duty or reverts to a call centre outside of hours.
2. We strongly advise any intending purchaser to verify the above with their legal representative prior to committing to a purchase. The above information has been supplied to us by our clients in good faith, but we have not had sight of any formal documentation relating to the above.
3. We are advised that prospective purchasers will be required to complete an approval process to confirm they are a qualifying purchaser which will include completion of a RLHA application form. The issue of a comprehensive Purchase Information Pack by RLHA and an interview with the Estate Manager on site. There is a one-off fee of £150 (plus V.A.T.) for the associated administration, which is non-refundable.
NOTE: These particulars are intended only as a guide to prospective Buyers/Tenants to enable them to decide whether to make further enquiries with a view to taking up negotiations but they are otherwise not intended to be relied upon in any way for any purpose whatsoever and accordingly neither their accuracy nor the continued availability of the property is in any way guaranteed and they are furnished on the express understanding that neither the Agents nor the Vendors are to be or become under any liability or claim in respect of their contents. Any prospective Buyer/Tenant must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of the particulars contained.